Duncan is an award-winning editor with more than 20 years of experience in journalism. Having started his career in technology journalism as editor of Arabian Computer News in Dubai, he has since edited a range of technology and digital marketing publications including Computer Business Review, TechWeekEurope, Figaro Digital, Digit and Marketing Gazette.
UK Crown Commercial Services has included 1Place as a certified provider in the government’s G-Cloud 13 procurement framework, providing powerful and affordable data migration and management services to public sector organisations.
Part of the Government Digital Marketplace, the G-Cloud framework is designed to ensure that the public sector has access to proven and cost-effective cloud software and services through an online platform.
Stephen Priestnall, Director of Cloud Solutions at 1Place said: “1Place offers a high-performance and scalable solution with easy-to-understand hourly pricing. Achieving G-Cloud 13 certification is a milestone in the development and adoption of 1Place and demonstrates our commitment to delivering greater value and choice to the public sector.”
The approval means that all public sector organizations – including central government, local councils and NHS trusts – can now trial and use 1Place without the need for extended delivery and testing cycles, ensuring a wide range of functionality and services are readily available. They include:
- Extremely fast database migrations including Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL
- Support for AWS, Azure, Google and Oracle cloud database migrations
- Real-time and zero downtime for critical data and applications
- Database conversions to cloud product sets
- AWS Partner Certified Resources
- Migration assessment, planning and relocations
- Cloud sizing and cost estimation before moving
- Knowledge transfer and internal staff training and support
- Program and project management
- Managed Services and Monitoring.
Priestnall added: “1Place is a scalable solution that simplifies data migration and management, as well as pricing. We look forward to building on our extensive experience in the public sector and supporting more organizations in their cloud migrations and modernization.”
1Place ultra-fast database migration software wins place on G-Cloud 13