A financial analyst guides companies, organizations and individuals on all matters related to finance. All business investment decisions are facilitated by analyzing economic and business trends and the company’s financial strategy.
Financial analysts work in banks and investment firms, and also for general corporations. You need a background in finance, economics, accounting and statistics to begin with to pursue a career as a financial analyst. Get a Professional Financial Analyst Degree from Imarticus learning Pvt Ltd to give yours a boost career as a financial analyst.
What is the main function of a financial analyst?
A financial analyst typically works with financial data and manipulates it to show underlying trends, whether seasonal or otherwise, calculates inter-firm and intra-firm ratios to understand a company’s financial position, and analyzes the industry or sector in which the company operates.
- The financial analyst builds financial models and performs sensitivity analysis and scenarios with conservative and aggressive assumptions.
- Analyzes economic and business trends to provide information on which to base business decisions.
- Assist in the development of budgets and long-term forecasts for the organization.
- Perform project evaluations and apply discounting techniques to assess project viability.
- Analyze equity securities and provide buy, sell and hold recommendations.
There may be jobs where you can work as a buy-side analyst or a sell-side analyst. There will be vacancies in banks, insurance companies, mutual funds and independent money managers.
- If you gain enough experience and experience, you can work as a portfolio manager, investment manager or fund manager in a mutual fund.
Educational qualifications required for a financial analyst
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Engineering: A basic degree in mathematics, economics or commerce will provide the right foundation for pursuing higher education in financial analysis and asset management.
Postgraduate degree: An MBA in Finance and Investments can be very helpful in establishing a foundation for asset and portfolio management.
Advanced Certification in Financial Analysis: The Chartered Financial Analyst certification from the Association for Investment Management and Research (AIMR), Virginia is the ultimate academic achievement in portfolio analysis and investment management. This is a rigorous 3-year course. To help you prepare for this course and a career in financial analysis and portfolio management, financial analyst courses are available at Imarticus Learning Pvt Ltd. They offer a financial analysis program that offers valuable help to launch your career as a financial analyst.
What are the skills that a financial analyst is expected to possess?
- Knowledge of financial software
- Budget management training
- Financial reporting skills
- Research skills
- Accounting knowledge
- Analytical ability
- Financial literacy
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of corporate finance
- Critical thinking
- Solving a problem
Plan your future as a financial analyst
- As mentioned above, becoming a financial analyst is based on the right combination of education, certification and experience. Plan all the different steps to ensure adequate preparation for your career.
- Take the right course. Enhance your investment analysis and data analysis skill sets. The Professional degree in financial analysis will improve your data analysis skills, financial literacy and skills. Imarticus Learning’s financial analyst training courses offer the right curriculum and mentoring to jump-start your career.
- Look for internship opportunities in banking, mutual funds and financial services.
You will gain hands-on experience, valuable insights, investment knowledge and networking opportunities that will be extremely helpful in your job search. Additional professional qualifications and internship experience will enhance your profile.
- After completing your Financial analyst courseyou can look for entry-level jobs in banks, mutual funds and the financial services industry.
- Prepare for your interview. Yours Financial analyst course will be extremely helpful in your ability to analyze and answer questions asked by the interviewer.
Financial analyst career paths are available
- Financial planning manager in a large corporation.
- Portfolio manager for mutual fund, investment companies, high net worth individuals, wealth management department of banks and independent money managers.
- Rating manager at a well-known credit rating agency. Credit rating analysis includes detailed financial analysis and business analysis of the company
- Risk manager at a bank, financial institution or non-bank financial institution
- Fund manager with a mutual fund. You manage the overall objective of the fund and not only do financial analysis, but also make investment decisions on behalf of the fund.
The future is very bright for Financial Analysts in India with the rise of equity investors investing either directly through the equity route or through the mutual fund. The growth of the fintech sector also requires financial analysts to support their further development.
You can contact Imarticus Learning Pvt limited via chat support or drive to our training centers in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon or Ahmedabad.