In the last two years, the transport sector has faced an unprecedented global and economic shock; from the impact of Brexit and Covid to major disruptions in supply chains and spiraling raw material and energy costs. As the UK economy reshapes to adopt the net zero agenda and seeks to ensure ‘leveling off’, we also have a significant opportunity to develop new sustainable fuel technologies, encourage penetration and use digital developments to improve of productivity.
WEAF and the Rail Forum are excited to present this first joint conference to hear from a number of aerospace and railway speakers and explore cross-cutting opportunities ahead. The conference will also provide an opportunity for delegates to communicate with staff from key aerospace and rail clients.
Key topics include:
• The latest developments in future technologies
• Current and future supply chain opportunities
• OEM perspective for future technological developments and future opportunities
• Battery tests and future technologies
• Development of hybridization
• Beth Morton, Hydrogen Fuel Integrator – Airbus
• Supply Manager – Aeralis (tbc)
• Chris Coates, Senior Program Manager – Vertical Aerospace
• Graham Clark, Head of Rolling Stock Business Development – Siemens Mobility
• Simon Green, Director of Engineering – Great Western Railway
The event is open to members and non-members, with opportunities for exhibition and sponsorship.
Reservations can be made through Eventbrite:
The publication Conference on Future Transport Equipment and Technologies: Opportunities for Cross-Sectoral Networking and Supply Chain Cooperation appeared for the first time in Manufacturing and Engineering.