Lane Electronics, a leading franchise distributor for many of the industry’s major electrical and electronic connector manufacturers, can supply a wide range of high performance Nicomatic micro connectors from stock. Nicomatic connectors are modular in design and manufacture, providing enormous flexibility in connector form and function, while offering the same high levels of proven mechanical, electrical and environmental performance and reliability typically associated with much larger connectors.
These very compact and lightweight connectors help designers to meet the latest requirements for high-performance, high-reliability and high-mobility electronic equipment. Applications include UAVs, robotics and emerging technologies, space satellites and radars, air and ground applications in civil and defense avionics.
Key Nicomatic products offered by Lane Electronics include:
- DMM – Rugged 2mm pitch metal sheathed connectors conforming to MIL-DTL-83513G. They enable space saving, electromagnetic and mechanical protection with high modularity contact options: signal (LF), power (HP) and coaxial (HF) up to 10M arrangements.
- DLMM – 2mm pitch metallized composite connectors providing lightweight Micro-D MIL 83513 type solutions for weight and space constrained applications. Supplied in 2 rows of 4 to 32 pins and housing sizes of 10, 16, 22, 26 and 32 pins. The DLMM range allows mixed and modular arrangements including signal, power and coax terms.
- CMM – 2mm pitch connectors are designed to meet or exceed the electrical and mechanical characteristics of MIL-DTL-55302F and BS-9525-F0033 standards. This modular connector offers exceptional modularity, providing more than twenty million arrangements. Signal, power and coaxial connectors are available in 1 to 3 rows and up to 120 pins. They are highly resistant to vibration and shock and temperature cycles between -60°C and + 260°C.
- AMM Micro connectors have a 1 mm pitch, comply with MIL-DTL-83513G and MIL-DTL-55302G and are ideal for the most demanding problems with limited space. The highly reliable AMM series offers five standard contact layouts of 06, 10, 20, 34 or 50 contacts spread over 2 rows and are easy to customize. Special features such as an integrated guide pin for alignment purposes keep connection solutions simple and efficient.
- EMM Micro connectors have a pitch of 1.27 mm and achieve more than 40% space reduction compared to the basic CMM or 20% compared to the standard Micro-D. Designed to meet MIL 83513 performance requirements, it integrates key features such as inverted contacts, integrated 90° back protection and replaceable hardware.
- OMM micro-circular connectors are designed for connection between board and cable and allow space saving thanks to their shape and fixing with screws. They save weight and meet MIL-DTL-55302F specifications. Contacts are detachable for easy maintenance.
- The Microflex™ 2mm pitch hi-rel flexible cable harness interconnect is a screw-fixed flat cable harness for high vibration environments and is tested to meet MIL-DTL-55302F specifications. This jumper connects to a CMM 220 connector with a 2 mm pitch for high mechanical resistance.
Lane Electronics is an ideal source for all key connector types including circular, filtered, RF, coax, subminiature, backshells and adapters, D connectors, aerospace, test and measurement, IDC, PCB connectors, terminal connectors and connectors for rack and panel applications .
With a multi-million pound connector and parts stock and next day delivery, Lane Electronics is the preferred source in many industry sectors including defence, motorsport, avionics, marine, communications, medical, test and measurement, general industrial and geophysical.