August 14, 2022
To maintain its supremacy, Instagram has suddenly gone into war mode. Users expressed their greatest displeasure with the amount of submissions on the Meta-owned network’s main feed, which has received criticism for some of the design and algorithm changes it has experimented with on the site.
In response to the complaints, Instagram announced in July 2022 that it would temporarily reduce the number of suggested posts in the app while it worked to improve its personalization tools. However, the company is open to the fact that the suggested posts will eventually increase when it is convenient that they will be more relevant to the preferences and tastes of the users.
You can delay recommended posts in your feed for 30 days if you don’t like Instagram’s suggestions in any way, shape or form. Once you know how, it’s not too hard to turn it on. You just need to repeat the process once a month to prevent ideas from clogging up your feed. This is how it’s done.
- When a “recommended post” appears, open Instagram and navigate through your main feed.
- In the featured post, click the X in the upper right corner.
- Tap the selection in the “Post Hidden” card that appears. Hide all feed suggestions for 30 days.
- Your preference will be confirmed with a green tick. If you suddenly change your mind, press Undo to return to the previous options menu.
Your feed will not include any recommended posts for a month after this ends. Noting that recommended posts are different from ads, which will still appear in your feed after you make this modification, at least you’ll have less information in the app from sites you don’t follow.
The Instagram app for Android and iPhone should not show the suggested Quick Steps
- Select More options above the post (Android) or More options (iPhone), then tap I’m not interested. You can also make a featured post invisible by tapping close above the post.
- You can tap to avoid seeing related recommended posts in your feed under Hidden Post.
- Snooze all recommended posts in your feed for 30 days by tapping the button.
- To see additional choices, tap more (Android) or (iPhone). You can report a post by tapping Report and then following the on-screen instructions if you tap This post made me uncomfortable.