August 13, 2022
WhatsApp offered the ability for users to customize the display of their Last Seen status on a contact-by-contact basis in a new privacy-focused update released in August 2022. To find out how to achieve this, keep reading.
Regular WhatsApp users will be familiar with the “Last Seen” status, which appears at the top of a conversation thread and lets you know when a contact last opened and used the app.
When you were online, other contacts couldn’t see it on WhatsApp. However, the setting selection was limited to “Everyone”, “My People” and “Nobody”, and there was no option to set exceptions for specific contacts.
The good news is that WhatsApp is changing things up by introducing the “My contacts except…” option, which lets you select specific contacts so they can’t see when you’ve recently been active on the messaging app.
- Here’s how to change your WhatsApp privacy settings on your phone.
- At the bottom of the WhatsApp screen, tap the Settings tab (the gear symbol).
- Click Privacy under Account.
- Select Last Seen.
- Select my contacts but
- Select the contacts from your list whose last seen information you want to keep private.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner of the screen when you’re done selecting contacts.
Make sure WhatsApp is updated to the latest version before trying again if you don’t see the new option in the Last Seen menu.
Please comment if you have any issues regarding this article.
How To WhatsApp ‘Last Seen’ Status Can Be Hidden From Specific Contacts Step By Step