The IEEE Computer Society team
The Technical Community of Computing Services (TCSVC) has two upcoming opportunities for professionals in the service community. The first is the first year of the IEEE Open Software Services Award, and the second is a scholarship awarded by the IEEE International Symposium on Women in Services Computing (WISC).
Continue reading below for more information on the following awards, including requirements, submission packages and important dates.
The IEEE First Open Software Services Award aims to support, inspire, retain and promote the importance of “open source software service ecosystems” for services that calculate R&D and long-term impact efforts. Everyone is welcome to apply for the prize through EasyChair in terms of actual impact on “open source software”, “open data” and / or “open source API services”.
- Small team contribution to “open source software”, “open data” and / or “open source software API services” with OSI approved license terms.
- Evidence showing the use of the open source contribution, e.g. rankings and ratings, number of downloads, statistics for API service calls, number of cited documents, user reviews, etc.
- Free access / download URLs for, for example, public GIT repositories, S3 buckets, Docker Hub images, and more.
- Documents for, for example, users, developers, practitioners, researchers, etc.
- The members of the commission can contact the candidates for explanations on the submitted materials.
Applications must be submitted to the IEEE Open Software Services Award song at Armchair.
- Deadline for dispatch: 5 June 2022
- Notification of the award: June 20, 2022
- The winners will be announced on Congress website.
- A video for the IEEE SERVICES 2022 Awards Ceremony will be available on the IEEE Computer Society’s YouTube channel.
- Each winning team will receive a cash prize of USD $ 600 from the IEEE TCSVC.
The IEEE International Symposium on Women in Computer Services (WISC) 2022 will award a total of 12 scholarships as it continues its mission to support women pursuing technical education. Applicants must attend an accredited engineering or computer science institution. Both graduates and students are entitled to scholarships, except for previous awards.
This scholarship started in 2021 as a cornerstone of WISC’s commitment to expanding the technical community of women in computing services around the world. The Scholarship Program is co-sponsored by the IEEE World Congress on Services (SERVICES), the IEEE Computing Services Technical Community (TCSVC), and the Technical Committee of the China Computer Service Computing Federation (CCF TCSC).
History of the award:
- Deadline for applications: June 15, 2022
- Scholarship Notice: July 7, 2022
- Announcement of IEEE WISC Awards: 12 July 2022
- Contact information: full name, email, phone number and home address
- Biography (maximum 200 words)
- Personal statement; must include academic / technical interests, contribution to the community, etc. (maximum 500 words)
- Transcript (s) – All transcripts must be in English and legible. If the grading system is not easy to understand, please clarify. (eg degree A = xx, degree B = xx, etc.)
- At least one letter of recommendation (limit one page per letter of recommendation)
- Make sure your name and email address are included in the letter of recommendation, as well as your contact with the person providing the recommendation
Completion of IEEE SERVICES 2022 Consent and Exemption Form for public distribution of a prize speech.
Applications will only be considered if all materials are complete and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the June 15, 2022 deadline.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.