The latest state-of-the-art packaging developments will be central when Packaging Innovations and Empack 2022 return to NEC Birmingham on 25 and 26 May.
The sold-out showroom will include 280 exhibitors, most of whom will use the event to launch new products in the food and beverage, cosmetics and beauty, label and printing, household, pharmaceutical and chemical and contract packaging and performance sectors.
Here are some of the most innovative in the show:
Sustainable packaging solutions
- Skanem will launch its sustainability program designed to help brands reduce their carbon footprint through their sustainable, CSR and plastic tax avoidance roadmaps
- Shredhouse will demonstrate its new BRC Food Grade paper packaging solutions, accredited for decorative and protective paper
- Item Products will release Corra-Screw, a reusable fastener for corrugated packaging
- Lactips will highlight its plastic-free paper, a fully recyclable and compostable coating that provides a barrier to oxygen, fat and mineral oils
- Camvac will debut ExtraPET PCR, its high-barrier coating film with over 30% recycled content after use
- Roberts Mart and Co will launch PaperforRM, its thermal sealing paper designed to work on conventional recyclable and compostable packaging lines
Food and drinks
- i2r will show Ultra, a smooth-walled aluminum foil container used to pack “ready-to-cook” products, including meat, vegetables and desserts
- WePack will present the Alaska Pack, an environmentally friendly way to transport temperature-sensitive items such as food and meat
- PFF will debut IMPAC-T, a fully recyclable packaging solution for dairy products
- Tadbik will launch its multi-layered retort bag, accredited food grade solution for food packaging
- Schur Star Systems will present the Schur®Star Zip-Pop bag, a solution that allows ingredients to be mixed during the cooking process
Beauty and cosmetics
- Consumables Manufacturing will demonstrate its solution for co-packaging with patented one-handed opening and dosing technology for controlled doses
- Colorlites will present its set of decorative techniques suitable for any size glass bottle
- Robinson will highlight its new range of plastic bottles, pots, tubs, containers and jars
- Selectpackaging will showcase its sustainable jars for beauty products made from Sulapac biodegradable material
- New Vision Packaging will present a new selection of luxury folding cartons
Digital label and printing
- Epson to Introduce C4000E Label Printer, Compact, Full-Color On-Demand Printing Solution
- Screen Europe will highlight Truepress PAC830F, its water-based digital inkjet printing press to support flexible packaging films such as PET and BOPP
- AM Labels will introduce a new range of backless labels that replace traditional backing paper with more environmentally friendly silicone.
- Harkwell to Introduce Electroink, Invisible Ink Protection Solution to Prevent Counterfeiting and Counterfeiting
Packaging and machine converters
- CERM will present its MIS software that increases the productivity of packaging converters due to its focus on the technical production process of packaging
- Ehcolo will showcase the HM80, an extendable hood machine designed to improve the final performance of pallets and provide improved support during transport
- Excel will present its EX-FILL-S, a semi-automatic volumetric filling machine to help efficiently fill liquids in a busy production environment
- Bobst will showcase its DIGITAL MASTER 340 and 510, providing a fully digitalized and automated production line, from printing and embellishment to cutting.
Renan Joel, separate director of Easyfairs, commented: “As always, our goal is to showcase the most exciting developments, solutions and technologies the packaging industry has to offer. And this year really did not disappoint. Our sold-out event floor provides visitors with more products and services than any other packing event in the UK. Indeed, the huge variety on offer this year is amazing to see, from sustainable packaging solutions to sophisticated design-driven options. I can safely say that the innovations are good and really alive at Packaging Innovations and Empack 2022! ”
To register for participation Packaging innovations and Empack NEC 2022please visit the registration page. For more information, please visit the Packaging Innovations and Empack NEC 2022 websites or contact the show team at +44 (0) 20 196 4300 or [email protected].