If you’ve ever bought a phone, then you know how easy it is to start customizing your settings. Whether it’s your background image or your default browser, there are many ways to customize your device.
One type of phone that has a wide variety of customization settings is Android. Although the default settings may be convenient for a while, you don’t have to limit yourself to them in any way. Tap or click here to quickly access the secret menu of your Android phone.
Given that Android phones have different customization settings, we’ve outlined the following ways to take advantage of them.
How to change the default applications of Android
If you have more than one application that does the same thing, you can choose which application to use by default. For example, if you have several messaging applications, you can choose which one is the default.
NOTE: Some of these steps only work on Android 9 and later.
To see a list of default applications:
- Open your phone Settings ap.
- Tap Applications > Default applications.
- Tap on the default you want to change.
- Tap the app you want to use by default.
Although Google Chrome is available as the default browser on most Android devices, it’s easy to change if you prefer. If you want to switch, there are several options you can use.
Some examples of other browsers you can use are Mozilla Firefox, Brave and Opera. Tap or click here for the top five unnamed Chrome browsers to use with your Android phone.
To make this change, follow these steps:
- Open on your Android Settings.
- Tap Applications and notifications.
- Tap at the bottom Advanced.
- Tap Default applications.
- Tap Browser application and select the browser you want to be the default.
Caller ID and spam app
By default, Android has a built-in caller ID and spam protection feature that essentially acts as a filter for unwanted spam calls. This feature ensures that you no longer receive notifications if spam calls try to reach you.
If you want to disable this feature, here’s how:
- Open on your device Phone ap.
- Tap More options > Settings > Spam and call screen.
- Turn around See caller ID and spam on or off.
Android also allows you to report and block spam calls.
If you want to do this, take the following steps:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap Soon.
- Find the call you want to mark as spam.
- Tap Spam blocking / reporting.
- Tap Report the call as spam.
- Choose Blocking to block the phone number.
Digital Assistant application
Android devices are automatically tuned to Google for their digital assistant needs. But there are many other alternatives to choose from if you wish. These alternatives include Firefox, DuckDuckGo or Opera.
To make the change, you can do the following:
- Open up Settings.
- Choose Applications and notifications.
- Tap Advanced to the bottom of the page.
- Tap Default applications.
- Choose Help and voice input to the top of the page.
- Tap All right in response to the pop-up.
- Make sure this new option is turned on On in the Assist app.
The default text messaging app for Android is Messages. Here’s how to change it:
- Open your device Settings ap.
- Tap Applications > Default applications > SMS application.
- Choose the messaging application you want to use.