Everlight recently received the decision from the Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office (“EPO”), the EPO upheld Everlight’s request for an appeal against the revocation of the patent and ruled that Nichia’s European patent EP2197053 was invalid. Everlight confirmed the result of this sentence and won.
Everlight has filed for the revocation of Nichia YAG’s patents in Europe, the United States, Australia, China and Taiwan. Everlight received these winning ratings:
- The Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office have ruled that Nichia’s European patent EP2197053 is invalid.
- The United States Supreme Court has ruled that Nichia’s US patent claims US5998925 and US7531960 are invalid.
- The Supreme Court of Australia has ruled that the claims of Nichia’s Australian patent AU720234 are invalid.
- China’s Supreme People’s Court has ruled that Nichia’s Chinese patent CN200610095837.4 is invalid.
- Taiwan’s Supreme Administrative Court has ruled that Nichia’s Taiwan patent TW383508 is invalid.
- EVERLIGHT respects intellectual property rights and will be committed to protecting
benefits and rights of customers and shareholders.