Someone is working on the correct remake of Need for Speed Underground 2 in Unreal Engine 4 and it looks quite impressive with many features.
Many fans consider the second entry in Underground from the Need for Speed series to be the best in the franchise, and a dedicated fan is currently working on his own fan remake of the game. The fan remake was created by YouTuber “Ivan Novozhilov” and comes with many features that stand out from the original game, including a soundtrack from Underground games. In addition, this remake includes optimized visualization, optimized time cycle, new textures, updated steering, suspension compression sounds, turbo and nitrogen of the car, optimized automatic transmission and clutch and much more.
We’ve included 10 minutes of play from this impressive project below, along with a list of features currently included in this project in progress:
Характеристики Need for Speed Underground 2 Fan Remake UE4
-nitrogen (not used here)
– win back NOS by doing some things (air, powerslide, almost crash …)
-completely new steering.
-Optimized automatic transmission and clutch
-fixed slip ratio (no more stuttering)
-sounds and sparks from a collision
– compression sounds of the suspension
– except for two engine sounds. the analysis tool is not good enough for them. maybe someone knows someone who can forward the files so that it works again. at least now we have the right engine sounds.
– sweetener (listen backfire)
-The sounds of turbo, sweetener, engine, transmission are made and selected depending on the performance upgrade.
– Drastically changed driving behavior. it is still being created and there are many settings, it depends a lot on the angle of slip and traction, these values change depending on the speed to allow arcade driving behavior and good drifts at low speeds. depending on the game mode, this may change dramatically in the future.
-each island has a distinctive color.
-Optimized graphics for much better performance and more overall
-optimized climate cycle
-add missing networks added
-system for traffic nodes (you don’t see, but it’s there)
-More optimized camera shake
-more optimized blurring in radial motion
-destructive environment (signs, barrels of water …)
– music from UG1, UG2, MW has been realized. You can also skip songs or go back (QOL hack 🙂)
-new delay and rotate the camera (delay)
-drift result counter + fine messages
-Deviations (these blue-red-white stripes) are used for additional multipliers, along with speed for drift estimation.
-the menus are in the process of being created and are already partially working, but are not shown here.
Overall, this gameplay looks quite spectacular and offers almost what the fans of the original game liked in it. It remains to be seen whether this fan remake will ever be released to the public, but according to the authenticity of the project, the project is likely to face termination and abandonment of EA.