The market for Android smartphones is much more complex than the iOS market. There are a few criteria to keep in mind when choosing the best Android smartphones for a year. However, it is important to note that Chinese brands are making the Android market even more complex. So, if you are one of those who do not want to have anything to do with China, you may want to read to the end. Even without Chinese brands, the market for Android smartphones is still complex. The differences in design, price, hardware, software and other areas are intriguing. However, some smartphones are much better than others. Whatever the price, here are the best Android smartphones you can buy with your money
1. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra can be considered a “complete” flagship smartphone. Finally, Galaxy Note fans now have the perfect flagship S-Series to buy. Although a little expensive at $ 1,200, this device is worth every penny. In addition to a design similar to the Note series, this smartphone also supports the iconic S Pen. Screen size? This device comes with a screen almost on a tablet that supports a huge brightness of 1700 nits. At the moment, Samsung Galaxy S22 is probably the most powerful Android smartphone in Western markets.
In addition to the powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, it also has a decent battery size as well as regular fast charging capacity. This allows this device to meet the needs of users for games, performance and multitasking. For a camera that outputs great detail as well as 8K video, you can go to the Pro if you know how to handle the settings. Samsung is also making this device attractive by updating its One UI 4.1 system with Material You. Now the leading Android smartphones are more personalized than ever.
A brief overview of the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Released in February 2022, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is the latest model in the highest class of the Galaxy S22 series. This device comes with a 120 Hz AMOLED 6.8-inch quad-HD + (3088 x 1440) dynamic AMOLED display that supports HDR10 + video. Under the hood, this device comes with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Exynos 2200. As usual, in China and the US, buyers will have the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 version. However, in Europe and other markets, the Exynos 2200 version will be sold. Both versions are available in multiple memory / memory configurations ranging from 8GB / 12GB RAM and 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB storage.
At the back, this smartphone comes with a setting with four rear cameras. In particular, this device uses a 108MP main camera that supports OIS. It also uses a 10MP periscope telephoto camera that supports 10x optical zoom and OIS. It also has 10MP, which supports OIS and 3x optical zoom. Finally, there is a 12MP ultra wide angle camera. It is interesting to note that three of the four cameras on the rear support Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). Under the hood, this device has a 5000 mAh battery that supports 45W fast charging, 15W wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging. However, recent tests show that the 45W fast charge is no different from the previous 25W charge.
- PROCESSOR: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Display: 6.8-inch 1440 x 3088 OLED @ 120Hz
- RAM: 8.12 GB
- Storage: 128, 256, 512, 1024 GB
- battery: 5000 mAh, maximum 45W charging, 15W wireless
- OS: Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Front camera: 40MP f / 2.2, 26 mm
- Rear camera: 108 MP f / 1.8 primary, 12 MP f / 2.2 ultra wide, 10 MP f / 2.4 3x telephoto, 10 MP f / 4.9 10x telephoto,
- connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / 6e; Bluetooth 5.2; 5G mmWave and sub6
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9 mm, 229 g
- Price: Starting at $ 1,199
- Decent screen
- First class construction
- You can just hate the S Pen
The first thing that every smartphone lover will notice with the Google Pixel 6 is its new and amazing design. The Pixel 6 series comes with a different but decent design that you can even call innovative. Of course, the proprietary brand new Google Tensor chip is also a powerful aspect of this device. In addition, Google has one of the best cameras in the world, so it doesn’t often upgrade its camera system. However, the Google Pixel 6 comes with a camera upgrade. Given all this for only $ 600, then we have no choice but to include this device in this list.
Google’s software optimization is almost perfect. Google Assistant and Gboard voice input are almost instantaneous, thanks in large part to special AI cores. Although the Google Pixel 6 is not available with a telephoto camera, this device captures real-life images. This is especially true for those with dark skin, who often get too much “whitening” from regular camera treatment.
In addition to the fact that this device receives regular updates, it is also the first to come with the Android 12 system. With the Material You feature, this device offers dynamic system elements, widgets, color applications and much more.
Although you may have heard of several bugs hitting the Pixel 6 series, it’s important to note that these bugs only affect a few units. In addition, Google has since released appropriate updates to address these errors.
- PROCESSOR: Google Tensor
- Display: 6.4 ″ 1080p OLED, 90Hz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB
- battery: 4614 mAh
- OS: Android 12
- Front camera: 8 MP f / 2.0, 84 ° FOV
- Rear camera: 50 MP f / 1.85, 82 ° FOV (main); 12 MP f / 2.2, 114 ° FOV (ultra-wide)
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 2.9 x 0.4 inches, 7.3 ounces
- colors: Stormy Black, Sorta Seafoam, Kinda Coral
- Price: Starting at $ 599
- Decent camera
- Decent processor
- Android 12 with Material You is a plus
- Five years of security updates
- There is no telephoto camera
- Sometimes a slow fingerprint sensor
- Updates are relatively slow
- Bugs hit several units
3. Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
One of the best Android smartphones that can be bought with money should be a foldable smartphone. We can’t just ignore these luxury phones as if they don’t exist. When it comes to foldable smartphones, Samsung and Huawei are at different levels. However, since we do not look at Chinese brands, Samsung takes this place. Samsung Galaxy X Fold3 is the most decent foldable smartphone you can get right now.
Despite the fact that it is a foldable smartphone, it contains all the leading features of a regular device. First, it not only provides a 6.70-inch plain screen on a smartphone, but also expands into a large 7.6-inch tablet. This device also comes with the flagship Snapdragon 888, combined with 12 GB of RAM and supports S Pen. In fact, both displays support a 120Hz high refresh rate. What more could you want from this device? This is a foldable smartphone, so we don’t expect a perfect camera. Oh yes, the Pixel 6 and S22 Ultra are completely on par with the Galaxy Z Fold3. The battery is also relatively small and may not be enough. However, these are the necessary sacrifices that this device must make.
In the early stages of developing a foldable smartphone, there were concerns about durability. However, the technology is now more mature and you no longer need to look at your foldable smartphone. Of course, they are still not close to the healthy nature of ordinary smartphones. However, they are not as weak as many think. The price may be repulsive for many users, but the foldable smartphone is a luxury. All of these flashy features and premium looks are available for $ 1,800. If you can afford it, believe me, you will have one of the coolest smartphones ever.
- PROCESSOR: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- Display: 6.70-inch OLED @ 2268 x 832, up to 120Hz, 1500 nits peak (external); 7.6-inch OLED @ 2208 x 1768, up to 120Hz, 1200 nits peak (internal)
- RAM: 12 GB
- Storage: 256 GB, 512 GB
- battery: 4400 mAh with two cells
- OS: Android 11 with one user interface
- Front camera: 10MP f / 2.2 (cover); 4MP f / 1.8 (internal)
- Rear camera: 12MP f / 1.8 main with OIS, 12MP f / 2.2 ultra wide (123 °), 12MP f / 2.4 2x telephoto with OIS
- Dimensions: 128 x 158 x 6.4 mm (unfolded); 67.1 x 158 x 16 mm (folded); 271гр
- colors: Black, green, silver
- Suitable for pockets
- Fast phone with decent hardware
- The screen is a huge plus
- Security updates until 2025
- Weak camera
- Poor battery life
4. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
If you think the Galaxy Z Fold3 is too big, you don’t have to worry. There is a decent alternative that may not be as good as Fold3, but it does a pretty good job. Of course, we are talking about Samsung Galaxy Flip3. This smartphone is not only practical, but also portable and affordable. Basically, the Z Flip3 is a Galaxy S21 + that you can fold in half. This device is a flip smartphone
Like most foldable smartphones, the Galaxy Z Flip3’s camera is not up to standard Samsung standards. However, in order for a folding device to be cheap, it needs some sacrifice. The camera and battery are the sacrificial lambs in the Galaxy Z Flip3, just like Fold3. This device will fit perfectly in your pocket, in fact it is the only foldable smartphone that can do this.
- PROCESSOR: Snapdragon 888
- Display: 6.7 ″ 1080p OLED, 120Hz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB
- battery: 3300 mAh
- OS: One user interface over Android 11
- Front camera: 10MP f / 2.4
- Rear camera: 12MP f / 2.2 ultra wide (123 °), 12MP f / 1.8 main with OIS
- connectivity: 5G (incl. MmWave), LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1 Supports eSIM and / or Nano-SIM
- Dimensions: Unfolded – 72.2 x 166 x 6.9 mm Folded – 72.2 x 86.4 x 15.9-17.1 mm 183 g
- colors: Cream, green, lavender, phantom black, gray, white, pink
- Regular leading price
- Premium quality workmanship
- It fits in your pocket without any problems
- Bad battery
- Weak battery
- Poor charging speed
5. Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro is one of the most decent Android smartphones on the market. This device comes with a 5nm Tensor SoC. The Google Tensor chip is Google’s own processor, and the Pixel 6 series launches this chip. Under the hood, the Pixel 6 Pro comes with 12GB of RAM and 128GB / 256GB / 512GB of UFS 3.1 internal memory. In addition, this device uses a 6.71-inch LTPO AMOLED display that supports a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels as well as a 120Hz refresh rate. This device also comes with a huge 5000 mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging, 23W wireless charging and reverse wireless charging. The battery department is one of the selling points of this smartphone. This device costs $ 900 and its performance is quite decent.
- PROCESSOR: Google Tensor
- Display: 6.7 ”QHD + (1440 × 3120, 19.5: 9) LTPO OLED, 120Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus
- RAM: 12GB
- Storage: 128, 256 or 512 GB; UFS 3.1
- battery: 5003mAh, 30W (USB PD PPS) cable charging, up to 23W wireless charging
- ports: USB Type-C
- OS: Android
- Front camera: 11.1MP f / 2.2 (94 ° FoV, fixed focus)
- Rear camera: 50MP f / 1.85 primary (82 ° FoV w / OIS), 12MP f / 2.2 ultra-wide (114 ° FoV), 48MP f / 3.5 telephoto (23.5 ° FoV with OIS, 4x optical and up to 20x “Super Res Zoom”)
- connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, ultra-wideband
- others: Polished aluminum frame, IP68, fingerprint sensor on display, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, Dual-SIM via eSIM, wireless reverse charging
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm, 210 g
- colors: Sunny, cloudy white and stormy black
- Price: It starts at $ 900
- Premium camera
- Excellent software
- Five years of security updates
- A little expensive
- Slow fingerprint sensor
- Bugs for some units